Monday, March 30, 2009

In Search of the Perfect summer Cardigan

Some how I never have the perfect crdigan to throw over my sholders no matter how many I have made in the past. I am also a sucker for all the new patterns that I find.

I love Spring and Fall but it is also the time of the year when you just need something over your shoulders and I am always searching for the "perfect" cardigan. One year styes are long and others short so every year I find myself frantically knitting new things.

This year I picked out Interlude by Chris Blysma as one to knit
http://www.patchworkfrog.com/chrisbylsmapatterns.html and will also be making either 1524 Au Naturel Cardie by knit One Crochet Too in Babyboo yarn. http://www.patchworkfrog.com/knitonecrochettoopatterns.html
or 1514 Slant On Nature by Knit One Crochet Too which could be knit with longer sleeves and is a fun sweater to knit and the Ty Dye yarn is yummy.

Then there is the lace edge cardi from the Just Soya Book by Sirdar
http://www.patchworkfrog.com/justsoyabook.html

So many patterns....so little time.

These are all great summer patterns and will be perfect for layering in the fall. My problem with bought sweaters is that most of the time the sleeves are too long for me. I Never thought that I had short arms but either the problem is my body or the companies are making everything long. I am just not into that look of my cuffs hanging over my hands. I find it annoying so the solution is making my own.
Orders over $50 ship free

Knit ON!

No comments: