Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy New Year


The sweater is finished and delivered. It was a big hit as you can see. Now I have pulled out the "almost " completed sweater for my husband and I am diligently working to finish it. I took the pattern and combined the fronts and back on the needles and knit them together up to the arm holes and then divided and worked with three balls of yarn to complete the body. I am now up to the raglan shaping of the sleeves. After that the button bands and I am done.

The pattern is from a Sirdar leaflet http://www.patchworkfrog.com/sirdarpatterns.html #8829
and the yarn my husband selected is a mixture of tan and grey. The yarn is Sirdar Click Chunky
http://www.patchworkfrog.com/sirdaryarn.html knit on #10.5 needles so it really goes kind of quickly. I took a look at the directions for the button band and it calls for knitting it in two parts from the center back. I don't think I like that idea so I am going to use my 40" Denise cord and make the whole band at the same time. I love working with my Denise Interchangeable Needles and having the extra long cords makes it so simple. http://www.patchworkfrog.com/sirdaryarn.html
We are off for a much needed week of rest and I will be knitting as we drive. I packed more yarn to start my next project(s) . I found a great lace shawl pattern that was free on line so I packed some hand painted yarn for that and also found the cutest bumblebee sweater and matching hat to make for the daughter of a close friend who is expecting her first child. I am going to knit that in Sirdar Snuggly DK but will probably double the yarn since that pattern calls for something a bit thicker than this yarn. I find that Sunggly is a great yarn for babies since it washes so well.

No comments: