Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blocking

Well it finally stopped raining but it is still cold. After going to school to see the first grade Christmas program I got back to my project. I sewed the buttons on the sweater and then got out the pad that I thought I would use for blocking but it turned out to be too small. Instead I opened up my big ironing board and pinned the sweater all the way around making sure all the button band and bottoms and everything matched up.


All the little dots that you see are the pins. I carefully shaped the collar as well. Then I got out my big steamer. You can see my work room. Bins of yarn and everything we sell on the website fills the room.

The ironing board is at the end of the work table where we pack orders. I can't show you the rest of the table because if I let you in on our secrets........well you know the drill. Anyway. I steamed the sweater and left it to dry. I then went out with friends for a holiday dinner and glass of wine.

I am going to leave it over night and tomorrow I will show you the final picture of the blocked sweater. Nice to have one gift finished. I am not about to admit to how many UFO's (unfinished objects) I still have. Do you think my husband will notice that his sweater has no sleeves?

No comments: